Thursday, December 2, 2010

Clarification

Before I really dig in here allow me to clarify some of the details of what I'm doing here.

1)  An "ouvre" is technically the entirety of an artist's body of work.  Due to my lack of a time machine and excess funds I am not able to take a tour through Meryl Streep's entire work on the stage.  This is instead only her screen work.  Thus movie ouvre.  Television movies count.  Movie + Ouvre = mouvre.

2)  I am working my way backwards through IMDB.  If it says z came before b, then z came before b.  I don't care when it was filmed, just when it was released to the contemporary populous of the time.

3)  And on that note, Meryl Streep's first listing on IMDB is voice work for an animation short in 1975.  Her character is called Stage 6.  I think it's already ridiculous enough that I now have to work my way through the latter half of the 70's in any form, even for her.  I really think both you and I can live with out me finding obscure animation from 1975 so I can only hear her voice for a cumulative total of 10 minutes or whatever.  I'm just not doing it.  I never said I was a purist.

4) You may have noticed, I'm not calling her Meryl.  She's Meryl Streep.  No first name like we're buds because that's just a sad fantasy I refuse to discuss.  And no nicknames and no calling her Mary Louise, because that's just condescending.

Now that we've settled that, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment